The increase in coronavirus infections has brought with it social life restrictions. It is really important to stay at home during this time and not go out unnecessarily. We do not know when the quarantine will end, but we can spend these days pleasantly and effectively.
Children are little individuals who learn life from their parents and the adults around them. Parents are the most reliable source for them, every action they take is undoubtedly true, and every feeling they feel is undoubtedly true. During this time, children spend more time at home and with their families than ever before. It is very valuable to make this process controlled, pleasant and efficient.
What can you do with your family at home during quarantine?
You need to draw a roadmap without wasting time. Creating a daily / weekly schedule and planning what you will do is the first step that will be good for both you and your child. There is another training in this step is that you will teach your child time management in the most permanent way, by living. As a parent, you can list things that you forget, postpon, fail to do, or neglect for some reason in your daily routine; for yourself, your home, your family, your children, your loved ones. Divide everything you write on your list into days and start doing it as soon as possible. Don't forget to enjoy deleting everything you have done from the list.
- Choose a hobby: Have each family member choose a subject or hobby they want to learn. You can learn a new language and learn to play a new instrument. You can identify a field where you can use hand skills such as painting, mandala, origami, amigurumi, calligraphy and philography, and get the education you want online. I am sure that as you think, you will discover many things that you say, "I wish I could, if I had the time to learn."
- Follow online activities: Many museums, orchestral performances and cultural events continue to operate online. You can be aware of these activities by following them on the website or on social media. You can set an activity for each day. Join one of these activities with your family and chat after watching, share your thoughts with each other.
- Sports time at home: Sports was an activity that was at the center of your life or that you could not set aside or postpone. This is a good opportunity to bring the exercises home. You can watch videos of many experts on the Internet and apply them properly to your physical fitness.
- Time to read: Reading is a habit that parents consider necessary for their children, but often ignores it. In these days when we have to spend time at home, a common time to be determined by the family, reading time is a great start. All you have to do is pull a book off the shelf that you enjoy reading. This time your child will say, "Let's read a book!" not the sentence, "Let's read a book together!" Hear the sentence. This activity should not be necessary, but should become a pleasant habit that you do with your family.
- Organize toys: While you're at home, you have time to reduce and adjust the number of toys you don't know. It would be good to organize their toys and then the room according to their needs and tastes, taking into account their opinions, respecting their decisions and pointing them in the right direction. 'too many toys, too little creativity' means that adjustment can bring new creative ideas to your child's mind.
- Give children responsibility: Give children responsibility at home. The process of gaining a sense of responsibility begins at home. Research shows that children who achieve this in the family are more conscious and responsible in their future education and professional life. There may be tasks to collect toys for 2-3 year olds, to help set up a table for 4-5 year olds, to make a bed for 6-7 year olds, to clean, to water the plants, to help prepare food for 8-9 year olds.
The hard times we live in are, of course, temporary. Let's take precautions, stay at home, fit life into our house. Let's plan what we can do and start implementing. Let's pay attention to both our body and mind. Let's not lose hope. Let's turn our house into a triangle of happiness.